CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An Elaboration;

..on my last post. It wasn't very substantial :P But you get the picture, right? EPIC. I'm gonna write down some things that I noticed in the movie, and that made the movie for me, but I'm going to warn you:
DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET.
Oh, and also, these are all my ideas. I know Meghan posted a review before me but these are all my opinions, and I saw the movie before her anyways.
I don't want to spoil anything for you so.
If you haven't seen it..

Don't read this.

I'm warning you.

Stop here.

Whatever.



First of all..
WOAH. Edmund MATURED. Since the last movie, he has finally developed into a young man. His dialogue is nearly always sarcastic or clever, and he's even a better fighter this time around. He beats someone up with a flashlight for goodness' sake. He seems to have learned his lesson since LWW, and we can see that especially when he basically pulverizes the White Witch when she's trying to return.
Peter's character is as noble as it was in LWW, but I think he's better portrayed in this movie because he's not as "perfect"; we do see some flaws. He is an incredible swordsman and a good leader, even though he and Caspian do butt heads sometimes. Not to mention he's cute o_O So is Ed..aah you didn't read that. Moving on.
Susan became INTENSE. She's all like...BAM YOU GOT SERVED! She is like amazing at archery, and I'm going to agree with Meghan on this one; she is like the female Legolas. Admittedly Susan has inspired me to try archery at Berea this summer. She's my favorite character also =]
Even Lucy has matured since LWW.. she's not the "baby" anymore. She is the one who finds Aslan again when all hope seems lost, and her faith remains intact even in the hardest times. She even portrays unfailing trust when she stands next to Aslan and doesn't even flinch as an entire army comes after her. She also rides through the forest alone with Telmarine soldiers on her tail. Uh.. yeah. That's intense.

The battle/fighting scenes are like WOAH! The imagery is amazing, every single one of the actors played their characters well, and everything was so well coordinated and believable I felt like I was in Narnia (I wish). Some of the scenes got my heart pounding, and I sometimes forgot I was in the movie theater and was totally captivated by what was happening on screen.

I think I could write so much more about this... but my head's still spinning from the AWESOMENESS. All I can say is wooooooooaaaaaaah, this is officially one of my all-time favorite movies!!




2 comments:

Symeria said...

Dude, your post is SO MUCH shorter than mine, hahhahah. One thing I refrained from saying in MY post, did you SEE PETER?!?!? Like...woah man...O_o ...2 years hasn't been bad to him...let's just say that. And every time Caspian talked I think I stopped breathing...yeah. "I am Prince Caspian" *squee*
hahha, I love your short summary Breeze ;)

Sophie said...

ohhhh myyyyy goooshhhh.
i ABSOLUTELY adore Peter now. yeah i'll say it. HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!
and i do NOT care who knows...i couild watch him fight evil Telmarines allllllllllllll day. YES, all day. deal with it...hehehehhe. sorry, my emotion took control for a minute...but still. eeeeeeep!!!!!!!! =)