CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Looking Into The Past

Did you know that when you look up to the Heavens during the night and see hundreds of stars twirling about, you're actually looking into the past? It's the truth; the light from outer space takes so long to reach Earth, it's lightyears old! But living where I live, well, I never really get the chance to see that many stars doing a ballet in the navy blue evenings, but when I do choose to venture outside and tilt my head up, I cherish my limited view. Just a minute ago I was outside, sitting against the side of my house on the porch rail gazing up at the night sky. As cars whizzed by I can assume I was a sight to behold to passerby, sitting alone on my porch at night with knee high striped socks and an astounded expression (I mean, it's not everyday that kids actually appreciate things anymore, right?). But the way I looked was unimportant, I was too busy being fascinated by the Lord's glorious creations. The stars were like a map or connect-the-dot illustrations to some unknown story we haven't quite figured out yet. Maybe, it's God's blueprint. Whatever the stars happen to be, whether floating compressed orbs of space debris or celestial wonders, I am utterly astounded by the beauty that God made them to be. So, whoever's reading this right now, I challenge you to get up off the couch or, rather, your computer chair, quit reading this blog post, go outside and take a few moments to look into the past...

1 comments:

Jaina *JJ* said...

brianna your amazing. i love you. we have to star gaze sometime. i like what you said about the map. thats pretty cool!